The Best Ways to Market your Employment Law Practice in 2024
Are you a consumer employment attorney looking for the best ways to market your employment law practice in 2024? In the highly competitive world of law firm marketing, there are plenty of options when it comes to marketing your law firm. The right choices will depend on what kind of marketing budget you have, what kind of timeline you have for lead generation, what the competitive landscape looks like in the geographic areas you are looking to target, and what kinds of specific cases you are looking to generate. Are you looking for for wrongful termination cases? Sexual harassment? Employment discrimination? Unpaid overtime cases? At iLawyerMarketing, we will create a specific strategy that is tailored around your specific goals, to help drive the specific kinds of cases you want to generate. And while most marketing agencies talk about traffic and rankings, we optimize your marketing campaign around what matters most to your law firm: generating new signed cases.
Different Types of Marketing for Employment Attorneys
If you are an employment lawyer, there are many different ways you can market your law firm right now:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Optimizing your employment law website to rank higher in search engine results for relevant keywords.
- Content Marketing: Creating and sharing valuable content like blog posts, articles, and videos related to employment law.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising: Using platforms like Google Ads for targeted advertising based on specific search terms people use online when looking for employment law attorneys.
- Social Media Marketing: In 2024, the most effective ways to advertise your law firm on social media is by running ads on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and depending on your target audience, TikTok and LinkedIn.
- Retargeting Campaigns: Displaying ads to people who have previously visited your website.
- Video Marketing: Creating informational or promotional videos about employment law topics.
- Legal Directories and Listings: Listing your firm on legal-specific directories and review sites when those directories have high visibility on Google or are well known by consumers (Yelp for example).
- Email Marketing: Sending newsletters, legal updates, and promotional content to a subscribed audience.
- Webinars and Online Workshops: Hosting online events to educate and engage with potential clients.
- Influencer Marketing: Partnering with other websites or influencers to promote your services may also be an effective way to market your employment law practice.
Targeting the Right Audience for Your Employment Law Practive
Understanding your target audience is the first step in creating an effective marketing strategy. What geographic areas are you looking for clients? Are there employees of specific companies you are targeting? What is the age range of your audience? What platforms are they using online? All these are important questions to answer in order to create the most effective marketing strategies. For example, 78% of cases involving sexual harassment involve females. For age discrimination, it’s close to a 50/50 split between males and females. If we are running paid ads, we may create different campaigns for each type of case in order to maximize efficiency of your marketing budget.
Clear targeting helps to ensure that marketing efforts are not wasted on those unlikely to require the nees of an employment attorney, resulting in more leads and more signed cases for your employment law firm.
SEO for Employment Law Marketing
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the most powerful and cost effective way to market your practice, when done the right way. If you have tried SEO to market your firm and it didn’t work, it’s because you used a person or an agency that wasn’t good enough to get the job done. When done correctly, SEO can provide the very best ROI of any form of marketing. Our SEO involves:
- Keyword research: We have been doing employment law marketing and SEO for more than 18 years. Our understanding of law firm marketing is second to none. We combine our experience, keyword database and keyword research tools to make sure we are optimizing your site for keywords that we know will drive more leads.
- On-page SEO: We optimize on-page elements of the site to help increase your chances of ranking high on Google. This includes the content on your page visible to humans and the code that search engine crawlers read when visiting your site. Using our proprietary content optimization software gives us an advantage over other law firm marketing agencies.
- Off-page SEO: This includes link building, citation building, outreach and other tactics that will help increase your law firm’s level of trust on Google. This ultimately helps to improve rankings.
- Technical SEO: We ensure your website design facilitates a positive user experience and is accessible to search engines.
If you are looking for employment law marketing services that specializes in SEO, you need to call the team at iLawyerMarketing. We can help with both organic SEO and local pack (map pack) SEO to you sign more new cases on a consistent basis.
Content Strategies for Employment Law Firms
Content strategy is important, because the right content can not only inform but also attract prospective clients. Providing helpful information is a very important part of the marketing process. When it comes to content strategy, your content should include top of the funnel, middle of the funnel and bottom of the funnel content. Here are some examples of each:
- Top of the Funnel (Awareness Stage)
Goal: To attract a broad audience and make them aware of employment law issues.
- Blog Post Title: “10 Common Workplace Rights Every Employee Should Know”
- Description: This example of top of the funnel content could be a way to provide a general overview of basic employee rights, such as the right to a safe workplace, freedom from discrimination, and fair compensation. A consumer may find this page online, before they even realize they need to hire an attorney.
- Middle of the Funnel (Consideration Stage)
Goal: To engage an audience that is now aware of employment law issues and may be considering legal assistance.
- Webinar Title: “Navigating Complex Employment Laws: A Guide for Employees and Employers”
- Description: This middle of the funnel content might be a video that dives into more specific scenarios and complexities in employment law, like handling workplace discrimination or wrongful termination claims. It might be aimed at audiences who have identified a potential issue at their workplace and are seeking more detailed information on how to address it.
- Bottom of the Funnel (Decision Stage)
Goal: To convert an informed audience into clients by demonstrating the firm’s expertise and encouraging them to take action.
- Service Page Title: “Texas Attorneys Handling Employment Discrimination Cases”
- Description: This example of a bottom of the funnel page talks about the specific services offered by the law firm, such as legal representation in discrimination cases. It might include client testimonials, past successes the firm has had handling these cases, and a clear call-to-action (CTA) for a free consultation. This content is targeted at individuals who have identified a legal issue and are actively seeking legal representation.
At iLawyerMarketing, we could create content to target all parts of the funnel.
Paid Ads for Employment Law Marketing
Paid advertisement is usually the fastest way to generate leads for employment law attorneys. However, most law firms (and marketing agencies) go about running paid ads the wrong way. This typically involves creating a low cost landing page and running generic ads to that landing page through expensive PPC keywords that aren’t laser focused. If you’ve tried paid ads before and it didn’t work, it’s most likely because of one if not all, of those reasons. At iLawyerMarketing, we run paid ads differently:
- We start with first identifying the specific types of cases you are looking to generate
- We then build landing pages tailored to maximize conversion rates, in order to drive more leads.
- We choose the appropriate platform to run your ads on (Google, Bing, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- We choose the appropriate type of ads to run (Google text Ads, LSAs, retargeting ads, video ads, etc.)
- We monitor and continually optimize ads to help you get the most out of your marketing spend.
When executed correctly, paid campaigns can bring immediate visibility and can be an excellent complement to organic marketing efforts.
Leveraging Social Media in Employment Law Marketing
Social media can be a powerul way to market your law practice. Either through retargeting ads to bring people back to your site, or simply creating brand awareness for your law firm. This can be done both through organic posts, or paid promotion, but paid promotion is much more effective for most law firms since most do not have a big social media following. This may include:
- Brand Awareness Image ads
- Brand Awarenes Video ads
- Retargeting Image ads
- Retargeting Video ads
Building a Strong Brand for Your Employment Law Practice
A law firm’s brand is its identity; it’s how clients recognize and remember the firm. Depending on what size marketing budget you have and what the goals are for your law firm’s growth, will help determine the approprate branding campaign your firm needs. One important thing to consider however is your law firm’s website. Your website should impress your site visitors or else you risk losing visitors and potential cases to your competitors. Do not underestimate the importance of having a great website.
The Importance of Your Website in Successful Marketing
Your website often serves as the first impression potential clients will have of your firm and is the foundation of successful marketing for any employment law practice.
- Invest in a beautiful website design that reflects your firm’s professionalism and authority in the area of employment law. It shouldn’t just be good enough, it needs to be great and needs to look as good or better than your competitors websites.
- It should be build SEO friendly to enhance visibility. Most law firm websites are low cost sites that use a WordPress theme purchased off the shelf. These are usually code bloated and can prevent websites from ranking high on Google. This is common when low cost website developer creates your site.
- It should be built with CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) best practices, to help make sure you are maximizing the amount of leads your site generates for you.
Measuring the Success of Your Employment Law Marketing Efforts
To ensure your strategies are effective, regularly evaluate your marketing efforts.
- Analyze website traffic to understand visitor behavior and the performance of practice area pages.
- Monitor leads and conversions from various campaigns to determine ROI.
- Collect and review client feedback to refine strategies and improve user experience over time.
Through consistent measurement and analysis, employment law firms can refine their marketing plans to better meet their business goals.
How long does SEO take for employment law?
SEO is an ongoing process, and results can vary based on competition on Google and the current state of your website. Typically, law firms can expect to see notable improvements in their search engine rankings within 4 to 6 months of implementing proper SEO tactics. For the most competitive search terms, it will take longer if you are in a highly competitive market.
How do you choose the best law firm SEO company?
Choosing the right vendor involves evaluating their experience in the legal industry, understanding their approach to marketing, and reviewing case studies or results they’ve achieved for other law firms. Trust and communication are also key factors; ensure that the vendor understands your firm’s needs and business goals. The best thing you can do is to have them show you at least 5 law firm websites that are ranking in the top 5 results on Google for highly competitive search terms.
How important are online reviews and ratings for employment law attorneys?
Online reviews are crucial for establishing trust and credibility. They often serve as a determining factor for individuals seeking legal representation. Positive reviews and high ratings can influence a potential client’s decision to choose one employment law firm or attorney over another. Additionally, they can improve local SEO and the firm’s visibility in search engine results pages.
How much does SEO cost for employment law marketing?
SEO pricing for employment law varies, depending on the specific search terms you are going after and what competition is like on Google. In 2024, the stakes are too high and there is no such thing as low cost SEO that will work for employment law firms. Contact us today and we will be happy to provide a market analysis and provide you with a free quote and marketing consultation.